SCORE International Off-Road Racing
The Yokohama-sponsored Steeles - Heidi and Cameron - have a score to settle this season. Heidi, a three-time titlist, looks to reclaim her Class 6 SCORE (Southern California Off Road Enthusiasts) championship, while husband Cameron, a Trophy Truck class veteran and TV commentator, is aiming for more podium finishes. Heidi is off to a great start, winning the Tecate SCORE San Felipe 250 in San Felipe, Baja, Mexico, which took place March 11-13.
In 2008, Heidi etched her name in off-road history by being the first woman to win two major truck championships in one season - the Best in the Desert and SCORE. She also was named Dirt Sports magazine's 2008 Driver of the Year, becoming the first female to win the coveted award. Heidi's Ford Ranger runs on off-the-shelf Geolandar M/T+® tires.
Cameron, a two-time SCORE Person of the Year, has a new No. 16 Geiser Brothers Chevrolet truck this season. The 800-horsepower machine is mounted with 37-inch Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S® R tires specially engineered for extreme off-road conditions. The next race is the Baja 500 in Baja Mexico, June 3-5. For details, go to http://www.score-international.com.
Remaining 2011 SCORE Desert Championship Series Schedule
- June 3-5: 43rd Tecate SCORE Baja 500; Ensenada, Baja, Mexico
- August 26-28: 16th SCORE Terrible's Primm 300; Primm, Nevada
- November 17-20: 44th Tecate SCORE Baja 1000; Ensenada, Baja, Mexico
Cameron Steele, a two-time Unlimited Truck Class series champ, will pilot his new 800-horsepower Geiser Brothers Chevrolet truck (fitted with specially-engineered 37-inch Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S R tires) at SNORE (Southern Nevada Off Road Enthusiasts) events during the six-race 2011 season.
Details can be found at http://www.snoreracing.net/.
2011 Southern Nevada Off Road Enthusiasts (SNORE) Schedule
- March 26-27: Mint 400; Las Vegas, Nevada
- May 14-15: 250 Race; TBD
- July 30-31: Midnight Special; Primm, Nevada
- October 22-23: SNORE 250; Pahrump, Nevada
- December 10-11: Rage at the River; Laughlin, Nevada
Lucas Oil Off-Road Racing Series
Last season, Yokohama expanded its off-road activities by being an associate sponsor of the Lucas Oil Series. This year, Yokohama is partnering with Stronghold Motorsports and Cameron Steele in the Pro Lite Class. Steele will pilot Stronghold's 300 hp Pro Lite Unlimited truck (on off-the-shelf Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S tires) in the eight-race series, which combines the Midwest tradition of short course off-road racing with a West Coast influence. Yokohama is additionally sponsoring Jimmy Stephenson - who will also be on Geolandar A/T-S tires - in the Pro Lite Unlimited Class. Other Yokohama sponsored drivers include Stronghold team member Brandon Bailey in the Pro Unlimited Buggy Class and FUNCO Motorsports' Chad George in the Super Lite Class. The season kicks off March 19-20 at Firebird Raceway in Phoenix, Arizona. For more information, visit http://www.lucasoiloffroad.com
2011 Lucas Oil Off-Road Racing Series Schedule
- March 19-20, Firebird Raceway; Phoenix, Arizona
- April 16-17, Speedworld Off-Road Park; Surprise, Arizona
- May 21-22, Glen Helen Raceway; San Bernardino, California
- June 25-26, Miller Motorsports Park; Tooele, Utah
- August 6-7, Glen Helen Raceway; San Bernardino, California
- September 24-25, Speedworld Off-Road Park; Surprise, Arizona
- November 5-6, Las Vegas Motor Speedway; Las Vegas, Nevada
- December 11, Lucas Oil Off-Road Challenge Cup; Firebird Raceway; Phoenix, Arizona