Looking to get some seat time behind some of your favorite high-performance Jaguars? Today, Jaguar North America has announced the 2013 Season for its Performance Driving Academy. Known for its significant one-on-one time with professional drivers and substantial on-track time, the Jaguar Performance Driving Academy will once again offer its Basic and Advanced Course to recent Jaguar owners and racing enthusiasts.
The Jaguar Performance Driving Academy offers a full-day driving curriculum with the brand's high performance models - the XFR, XKR and XJ Supersport - that allows customers to satisfy their need for speed, learn more about Jaguar's performance models, and sharpen their driving skills.
The available vehicles are all powered by a supercharged, 510-hp V8 engine, and boast accelerations from 0 - 60 in 4.7 and 4.6 seconds, respectively. The Jaguar Performance Driving Academy is designed to help drivers explore the capabilities of these special automobiles and develop the skills and techniques needed to safely experience their high performance dynamics.
"We're thrilled to be offering another season of our Jaguar Performance Driving Academy," writes Andy Goss, President, Jaguar Land Rover North America. "With the recent introduction of the Jaguar XFR-S and the upcoming launch of the F-TYPE, the brand continues its lineage of high performance vehicles, and the Performance Driving Academy allows customers and enthusiasts to enjoy the full potential and power of these vehicles in an exhilarating and educational manner."
The instruction consists of a two-tiered course plan, a basic and an advanced course. Each program is tailored to the abilities of potential students. The basic course is complimentary with the purchase of a new XFR, XFR-S, XKR, XKR-S or XJ Supersport, and costs $1850 for non-owners. The cost of the advanced course is $2495 for all participants.
The experience begins with a welcome reception the night before the driving event. The following morning, drivers arrive at the track for a driver orientation and a full day of driving in current model year Jaguar vehicles. The lessons learned on the racetrack are made relevant to everyday, real world driving and leave drivers more aware of their vehicles' abilities and feeling more confident behind the wheel. Driving activities include:
- Maximum acceleration using different JaguarDrive Control(tm) settings
- Braking in a straight line, including full ABS stopping
- JaguarDrive Control Dynamic Mode and Dynamic Stability Control Trac mode handling exercises
- Proper lines through a corner
- Corner entry and exit strategies
- Autocross course instruction
- Full laps at speed following racing lines
- Full laps with a driving coach
- Hot laps with professional drivers
Upon completion of the basic course, or another recognized performance driving school, guests are welcome to participate in the advanced course. With the guidance of some of the world's most renowned driving instructors, participants in the advanced course begin their day with more sophisticated car-control exercises, which include:
- Maximum braking exercises
- Individual corner practice
- Skidpad maneuvers
- Handling oval
- Low-speed handling course
After polishing their individual performance driving skills, students participate in individually coached driving sessions around the full track. In-car telemetry is recorded by a GPS tracking device and laps are then analyzed to improve performance on each segment of the track.
The Jaguar Performance Driving Academy will be making the following stops in 2013:
- February 14 to 17 - Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas
- April 24 to 28 - Las Vegas Motor Speedway in Las Vegas, Nev.
- July 27 to 29 - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in Monterey, Calif.
- October 10 to 13 - Las Vegas Motor Speedway in Las Vegas, Nev.
- December 11 to 14 - Homestead Miami Speedway in Miami, Fla.
For more information on the Jaguar Performance Driving Academy, please visit their website: