With the release of Forza Motorsport 4 for Xbox 360 just around the corner it’s time to think about upgrading to the latest gear to give you the best possible gaming experience. With that in mind, Fanatec, a leading manufacturer of high-end input devices for game consoles and PCs, has announced that the Forza Motorsport CSR Wheel, CSR Elite Pedals and CSR Shifter set are now available for pre-order. The ship date is scheduled to be October 11, 2011.
Fanatec has partnered with Microsoft and Turn 10 Studios to develop the Forza Motorsport CSR Wheel for hard-core racing fans who demand nothing less than perfection on the Xbox 360. The Forza Motorsport CSR Wheel takes the Fanatec line in a new direction with a different look and feel to the familiar Porsche 911 lineup of products. The CSR Elite Pedals are a completely new design with improved ergonomics. The pedals use load cell brake technology, which are used to simulate the feel of a real-world car. With a vast array of adjustability, you can make the load cell brake go from something similar to a street car up to a very stiff racing brake.
Here are some of the key features for the wheel, pedals and shifter.
Forza Motorsport CSR Wheel
• Authentic motorsport inspired design with premium aluminum wheel and Alcantara grip.
• Force feedback is handled by a powerful Mabuchi RS-550 motor that is used in RC cars.
• Additional two force feedback actuators used to simulate motor and ABS vibrations.
• 90º to 900º of rotation, or turning freedom.
• Silent belt drive and high-resolution sensors deliver ultra realistic steering feel with pinpoint accuracy.
• Tuning functions with LED display that allows players to adjust the turning angle, force feedback, vibration and sensitivity, with the ability to save up to five presets.
• Five “Drift mode” adjustments to allow quicker turning ratios.
• Compatible with all Fanatec pedals, shifter sets, wheel stands and cockpits.
• Also compatible with the PlayStation 3 and PC.
CSR Elite Pedal Set
• Made completely of premium aluminum; the gas, brake and clutch pedals have improved rigidity and feel.
• Pressure sensitive load cell technology is used for the brake pedal to simulate the feel of a real-world car.
• Fully adjustable pedal positions both vertically and horizontally. Also able to adjust the spring tension and pedal angle.
• First pedal set to offer optional inversion kit. Owners can invert all or just the pedals they prefer to better fit their driving style.
• Ability to easily remove pedals from base and install in cockpits or stands.
• Compatible with Fanatec Porsche 911 wheels (except original 911 Turbo).
• Can be used in conjunction with any wheel on the PC by using optional USB port.
• High 10-bit resolution (1024 values) when used on the PC with optional USB port.
CSR Shifter Set
• Authentic six-speed H-pattern shifting plus reverse.
• Sequential shifter included.
• Bigger design for better grip and feel.
• Premium metal construction.
• Can be mounted on left or right side of steering wheel.
• Compatible with Fanatec Porsche 911 wheels.
Forza Motorsport CSR Wheel: USA $249.95, EU €249.95
CSR Elite Pedal Set: USA $149.95, EU €149.95
CSR Shifter Set: USA $59.95, EU €59.95
* USA prices do not include local sales tax. EU prices include VAT.
For more information please visit www.fanatec.com