Distinctively Range Rover Evoque
Range Rover designers and engineers have developed a host of distinctive and innovative features, to ensure the five-door Range Rover Evoque stands out from the crowd.
Lighting plays a big part in the distinctive appeal of the Range Rover Evoque. First to catch the eye is the powerful signature graphic in the front running lights, created by innovative LED
light-blade technology. A similar graphic is repeated in the LED rear lights, with their jewel-like 3D petal design.
Approach the vehicle at night, and you will also see a bold graphic alongside the front doors, illuminated by the 'approach lights' which shine from the mirrors.
More special touches greet you when you enter the car. The interior displays come to life with a choreographed animated start-up sequence, while the rotary auto shifter completes the 'greeting' as it rises silently into the driver's hand.
LED ambient lighting provides sophisticated and precise illumination within the cabin, with a range of colors which can be chosen by the driver to suit their mood. Select Dynamic Mode, and a sporting red color scheme fills the interior as well as in the instrument dials and cluster display.
To complete the range of features, the first panoramic roof ever fitted to a Range Rover vehicle can be specified, providing an all-round vista which helps to make every journey a special occasion.
The five-door Range Rover Evoque follows the coupe model by offering customers the choice of three main vehicle design themes, each with its own distinctive character, exterior treatment and carefully coordinated interior packages. The three vehicle design themes are:
- Pure - combining the stunning concept-car exterior with stylish, clean interiors in neutral colors to highlight the pure, simple forms of the cabin architecture. Soft-touch, wrapped materials on the major surfaces contrast with the real-metal brushed aluminum trim.
- Prestige - ultimate Range Rover luxury, combining a bespoke exterior with unique, standard 19-inch wheels, plus an optional 20-inch wheel, and sparkling metallic details with an indulgent interior which is almost entirely leather wrapped. Luxurious duo-tone color schemes, with premium leather, twin-needle stitching and real wood and metal finishes.
- Dynamic - bold exterior with available 20-inch wheels and unique bumpers, sills, grille and tailpipes for a more assertive, confident stance. A premium sports interior with perforated leather seats and unique sports detailing are included. Contrasting roof and spoiler colors are available as a personalization option.
Packed with premium technologies
Like the coupe model, the five-door Range Rover Evoque benefits from the same comprehensive selection of the latest technologies as the larger Range Rover models, in terms of controls, connectivity, comfort and convenience for all occupants.
From the driver's viewpoint, the Range Rover Evoque is distinguished by a carefully conceived system of controls and displays which combines a stylish, uncluttered layout, state-of-the-art functionality and ease-of-use.
At the heart of the control system is the Range Rover brand's 8-inch (203mm) high-definition touch-screen display with its crisp graphics and simple, intuitive menu structure.
Tech-savvy customers get the connectivity they demand with a comprehensive package that includes Bluetooth® hands-free mobile phone use and audio streaming, plus a range of USB and auxiliary inputs for iPod® and other portable devices.
The Range Rover Evoque is the first Range Rover to offer breathtaking new sound systems developed in partnership with the high-end audio specialists Meridian. The premium Meridian offering is an 825W 17-speaker system which delivers the ultimate in surround sound performance.
Other features available to five-door Range Rover Evoque customers include:
- Surround Camera System with five digital cameras, including a reversing system
- Hard drive navigation system
- Sirius® tuners and HD Digital Radio tuners in addition to AM/FM
- Rear seat entertainment package, with 8-inch (203 mm) video screens, digital wireless headphones and touch screen remote control
- Passive keyless entry system
- Powered tailgate
- Xenon adaptive headlamps with auto headlamp dipping
- Heated windshield, front seats and steering wheel
Sold in 160 markets worldwide from Fall 2011
Both coupe and five-door models of the Range Rover Evoque will be manufactured at Land Rover's multi-award winning Halewood plant in Merseyside, UK. The car will go on sale in more than 160 markets worldwide, with North American deliveries from Fall 2011. Indicative pricing starts around $45,000.
Phil Popham said, "The launch of the Range Rover Evoque is a significant step forward for the Range Rover brand. This groundbreaking car brings new excitement and broader relevance to the brand, but remains true to the values of premium luxury and performance which have made Range Rover such an enduring success story over the past 40 years."