- Addition of exciting five-door bodystyle to Range Rover Evoque line-up
- Bold exterior captures coupe design, with the same compact footprint and slightly higher roofline for enhanced versatility
- Premium cabin, with the enhanced space and practicality of the five-door format
- Permanent all-wheel drive combined with turbocharged four-cylinder engine and a six-speed auto transmission deliver performance and minimized fuel consumption
- All-new 240bhp* 2.0-liter Si4 turbocharged engine combining six-cylinder refinement and performance with four-cylinder fuel economy
- Dynamic and agile handling across varied terrain, available with Adaptive Dynamics featuring MagneRide™
- All-weather, multi-terrain capability with patented Land Rover Terrain Response®
- Innovative Range Rover technologies, including 8-inch (203mm) touch-screen display and Surround Camera System
- To be sold in 160 countries worldwide, with North American deliveries from Fall 2011
- Indicative pricing starting from around $45,000
MAHWAH, N.J. - The exciting five-door version of the all-new Range Rover Evoque makes its global public debut at the 2010 Los Angeles Auto Show on November 17, 2010.
With its stylish and sporting appearance, combined with larger interior space, the five-door Range Rover Evoque joins the stunning coupe model to create a highly desirable line-up that will define the premium compact SUV segment.
Like the coupe, the five-door Range Rover Evoque remains faithful to the spirit of the groundbreaking Land Rover LRX concept car, offering an innovative new interpretation of the original coupe design.
The five-door Range Rover Evoque also stays true to the core values of the Range Rover brand, providing premium levels of craftsmanship, luxury, performance and renowned Land Rover multi-terrain capability, but in a more compact package.
"The addition of the five-door to the Range Rover Evoque line-up extends the appeal of our brand still further," said Land Rover's Managing Director Phil Popham.
"While retaining everything that's great about the Range Rover Evoque coupe, this new five-door bodystyle will offer customers even more choice, greater practicality, versatility and flexibility. The launch of the Range Rover Evoque in 2011 will expand the global appeal of the Range Rover marque."
Coupe style and five-door versatility
The five-door Range Rover Evoque offers an exciting new interpretation of the LRX concept car design, combining the dramatic stance and dynamic appeal of the original cross-coupe with the enhanced functionality offered by a five-door format.
"The five-door Range Rover Evoque has the same strong emotional appeal as the coupe, while offering superior versatility," said Land Rover Design Director, Gerry McGovern.
"The key lines remain intact - the dramatic rising beltline, muscular shoulder running the length of the car, and the distinctive taper to the floating roofline - but with a slightly higher rear roof. The finished vehicle offers impressive levels of space and versatility whilst retaining the overall essence, visual robustness and jewel-like detailing of the coupe."
The more spacious interior of the five-door Range Rover Evoque has been achieved without enlarging the compact footprint of the coupe model: the overall length and width remain identical.
Like the coupe, smart design, meticulous engineering and clever packaging has ensured that the five-door Range Rover Evoque delivers the core Range Rover values of luxury, refined performance and multi-terrain capability while remaining true to the spirit of the LRX concept design.
Impeccably crafted luxury interior
Beneath its dramatic exterior, the five-door Range Rover Evoque provides customers with an impeccably crafted luxury cabin, with the same premium quality materials and elegant design expected from a Range Rover interior.
Gerry McGovern continued, "The strong, simple architecture of the cabin is evident with the bold intersection between the solid horizontal elements of the instrument panel and the powerful vertical lines of the center console."
The Range Rover Evoque allows customers to specify a lavishly appointed cabin with soft, premium leather providing a luxurious finish to almost every surface of the instrument panel, doors and seats, with beautifully tailored twin-needle stitching.
In bold contrast to the supple feel of natural hides, authentic metal finishes provide a series of striking highlights. Cool to the touch and exquisitely crafted, the metal finishes are a tactile and visual reminder of the superior interior quality.
The instrument cluster, housed under a compact curved binnacle, adds to the sporty, premium feel of the interior. The twin dials have an attractive three dimensional form with illuminated chaplets and needles, and are set deep in sport circular housings finished with bright chrome rims.