• Lotus Exige S featured in Red 2
• Film opens nationwide Thursday, July 18th
• Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren, and Anthony Hopkins star in the film
A Lotus Exige S is playing a starring role in Hollywood’s latest action film Red 2, starring Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren, Anthony Hopkins, Catherine Zeta-Jones, John Malkovich, Mary-Louise Parker and Byung Hun Lee. Featured as a nimble getaway vehicle when the bullets start flying, below you will find a handful of interesting facts regarding the appearance of the Lotus in the film:
• Lotus provided the use of three cars to production for the project, one had the engine removed and was mounted to a ‘skate’ (pictured above) to create one of the more dramatic driving maneuvers.
• Matt Becker (Lotus Chief Engineer - Test and Development) performed the driving stunts as Han’s (Byung Hun Lee) stunt double. Complete with wig, make-up and costume Matt follows in his dad’s footsteps as Roger Becker drove the Lotus Esprit in the 007 ‘The Spy Who Loved Me’ movie.
• A Lotus Exige S is ‘borrowed’ by character Han to help Victoria (Helen Mirren) escape a gun battle at the Iranian Embassy in London.
• After a highway chase sequence which sees the nimble Exige S hide under a moving 12-wheel truck, the Exige S darts in front of the truck, but the Range Rover can’t match its agility and ends up rolling along the highway on its roof.
• 345 hp at 7000 rpm
Red 2 opens in theaters nationwide Thursday, July 18, 2013
Model: Lotus Exige S
Engine: Mid-mounted, transverse 3.5-liter supercharged DOHC V6 VVT-i
Horsepower: 345hp at 7000rpm
Torque: 295 lb-ft at 4500rpm
Weight: 2592.6 lbs. / 2570.6 lbs. (roadster)
Performance: 0-60 3.8 seconds, 170mph top speed
*Spec data provided by Lotus
It has been since 2011 when the Lotus Exige made new car headlines as covered by Motor Trend when the track-edition became available in the United States and spy shots leaked of what was then said were the first snaps of a next-generation model that would arrive in 2015.
You can view part of the Exige S chase scene here:
For further details on the film please visit: http://bit.ly/12Yysdg